Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Yes, I do like Star Trek

Notice I didn't say trekkie, I am not a fanatic but I like the story! I remember sneaking to watch the ORIGINAL Star Trek when I was around 12 years old because my stepfather was so strict that was one of the things we were not allowed to do much, watch tv. He was a miserable man and often didn't allow us to do things simply because he was the boss and had control over us. But that is another story. I did get to watch Star Trek sometimes because it was his bowling night! That began a long time interest in all kinds of science fiction.

Yesterday my sister-in-law and I had a day at the movies and saw the new Star Trek movie. It was excellent and I am ready to go back again and see it all over. I think that the original actors are so attached to the characters that it would have been very disappointing if the makers of the movie had not worked off of the original actors in picking the actors to play the young character. They did an excellent job! It is amazing how you can see the continuation of the characters from the "young" actors to the original "older" actors. I found it very believable in the story. Especially with Spock, Scotty and Bones. It was a really good show! And we had a great time!

The only thing I really missed was the original music. If it was in there somewhere the movie was so exciting that I totally missed it.

7 comments:

ShinyAdornments said...

Hubbie and I went a couple weeks ago..and LOVED it. But then, I am a certified geek. I have my card and everything.
;-)

Kristy
Simply Shiny Blog

GrammyDeb said...

I think it is great that it is still so popular. I lunch with 3 young people Sunday who were surprised that I even went to the movie! Then they started pumping me for info on the original show! It was really fun.

DVArtist said...

Trekk on Grammy Deb! I have a few minutes tonight and thought I would check out some of ABST blogs. Love yours!!
Nicole/Beadwright
http://beadwright.blogspot.com

twistedsisterarts said...

I'm a first generation Star Trek follower. I could only aspire to design a piece that they would use on the series. Maybe someday the producers would find my work, and publish it...Sighhhh...

Meri Greenleaf said...

I still want to see that movie, but I'm going to wait until it's on DVD. I'm a weird Trekkie in that I don't know the original series, just TNG and Voyager. Of course, I'm so young that that's probably not a surprise, LOL!

GrammyDeb said...

Merily, you have to at least watch one of the original series so that you can compare the characters between the movie and the tv show. Or have you seen the movies? That would do it, also.

Dani said...

I remember you watching the series in a very little tv in the basement of the house in Hillsboro while sewing. I miss those moments... Dani