Monday, May 4, 2009

Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow...

I just realized it has been several weeks since I have blogged. Sometimes life is just so busy!

It was brought to my attention this weekend that I haven't thought recently about how very blessed my life is. So I am taking this time to think about it a little bit. Having a recent birthday and anniversary, and Mother's Day and the 2nd birthday for my grandchild coming up, brought these statistics to mind:

Percentage wise I have been a child of the King for 72% of my life, married 65% of my life, a mom for 56% of my life and a grammy for almost 1% of my life.

I find that pretty staggering, because in my head I am still 22 years old, not the real age of 57!

Christ found me when I was 16 years old, in a sad home situation and no one to really lead me in a good direction. Praise Him for finding and keeping me all these years, even when I wasn't following Him as I should. He never let me go, not even once in 41 years. He is the lover of my soul.

Then Don, my husband, came along. He never even dated anyone besides me and he has never deserted me or let me go, not even once in 37 years. He is the lover of my heart.

Then Rachel, my daughter, was born. It took 6 years and a lot of tears before she came along. I always felt in my heart that she would probably be the only child I would bear and I guess that made her very special from the start. We have a very close relationship and she has always shown me respect and love, even when I wasn't very respectable or loveable. God sent her a wonderful spouse, Aaron, who loves God and his family, they are a wonderful match and I love him like a son. Rachel has never given me reason to doubt her love, not even once in 30 years. She is the joy of my heart.

What can I say about Olivia Grace, my granddaughter? All she knows is that Grammy loves her. Grammy thinks she is adorable. Grammy thinks she is so smart. She is the holder of the strings to my heart.

All these things I am blessed with and I praise God from whom all these blessings flow.

2 comments:

Karen Gill said...

Ooooo, thank you! That was lovely, and I am so happy for you!

It's so good to count our blessings!

GrammyDeb said...

And I do and I feel so inadequate to be so blessed!