Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Every Single Bit

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."
- Erma Bombeck

I just came across this quote on an old calendar in my collage files. I know of Erma Bombeck but don't really know very much about her, however I totally relate to the quote. God didn't make me a wonderful teacher or even a very good homemaker but he did give me talent to be able to do things with my hands and a creative spirit that leads me to create things. I know those creations are not the most important thing I will do during my life but if God gave me the resources they must have some use for Him. I want to use them all for Him, everyday, in a way that praises and glorifies.

That is my daily prayer for myself.

No comments: