Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Missmash

I am determined to keep up on my blog posts because several readers have scolded me for not blogging enough!

My baby grand girl, Olivia, recently passed her 6th birthday and starts first grade in two days.  I find that unbelievable.  Totally.  I feel like she is going away to college or something.  She will only be about a mile from home, in a private school.  Still, it just feels strange.

I have a busy week going on with sewing and other activities for friends.  A wedding dress to alter is the priority right now and my girls and I (Grammy, Mommy, and BabyGirl) went fabric store shopping yesterday trying to match some bridal fabric with NO success.  So, on to plan 2, fortunately the bride is agreeable to the change.  The wedding is in three weeks so got to get it finished!  I feel like I haven't sewn in so long on anything other than emergency repairs or the like.  I miss sewing, I find it very satisfying to take a flat piece of fabric and make it into something very useful.

I have so many things in my mind today that it is all a mishmash of information.  I want to finish my bathroom redo, finish making a slip cover for a couch, move the pictures and things around in my kitchen and livingroom, work on jewelry, bead, make some clothes for myself, etc., plus all the necessary stuff like laundry, cleaning, destashing, etc.  Plus items at work.  My mind is often on overload.

I happened to look at the Verse of the Day on my Bible Gateway app.  It is:

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.  Ephesians 2:10 ESV

That just sort of calmed my mind down.  I know all the stuff is still there to do and the desire to do it is still there but the verse reminded me of what most of it really is, just stuff.  Sometimes I have to be reminded to get my priorities straight!

That is all for now.  Thanks for stopping by!

Olivia

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

How was the wedding? have you finished the dress on time? wondering if what kind of Bridal Fabric have you picked, I would like to see it if it is okay. You know we're same I miss sewing too, it's been almost 3 consecutive months with out having it, indeed it is very a satisfying hobby just like what you've said.