Friday, November 20, 2009

Wow, it has been months...

I have been amazingly busy for months and months. I am going to be busy for months and months to come. I keep thinking I am going to catch up any day now but ............no, not going to happen!

The dog needs a haircut, my home needs a really good cleaning, as usual lot of laundry (which for the life of me I cannot figure out how 2 people and a dog that doesn't wear clothing can accumulate so much of), a stack of sewing for others, and the list goes on. I don't know where I got the idea that being over 50 was going to be relaxed and calm - it is like being on a rollercoaster 24/7! But at least I'm not bored!

My husband bought me a new set of cookware, red and cooper in color. It is very pretty but I hope he doesn't think it will make me cook any better. I doubt there is anything that will do that. They are so pretty I didn't want to put them in the cabinet! Maybe they are making me want to cook just a little bit. But don't worry, I think I can refrain, for the most part!

For Thanksgiving dinner I am going to try my hand at a new cornbread dressing recipe that was demonstrated by my friend from church, Sherri. It was the best I have ever tasted. And I finally found my wonderful chocolate pie recipe that has been lost for about 10 years, in a cookbook, of all places. Yeah, I know, if I used the cookbook more I would have found it sooner. Another friend from church, Darla, gave me a recipe for her yummy pumpkin pie and I think I will try it also, it was also very delicious. That will probably be the last time I do any major cooking until Christmas eve.

In the meantime, This week I start working on a 4x4 foot canvas painting for the National Veteran's Wheelchair Games. My deadline for finishing is January 1. (I work well under pressure!) This will be an addition to the previous 6 panels I painted in 2004. You can see them at http://www.rosevinedesign.com/MURALS/nvwgmurals.htm, if you are interested.

No comments: